Lattice Announces HetNet Solutions
HetNet Solutions Portfolio for Accelerating Deployment of Next Generation Wireless Infrastructure
Collaboration with Azcom Technology Enables Development of HetNet Equipment Being Deployed in Response to Explosive Growth in Mobile Traffic
HILLSBORO, OR Nov. 5, 2013 - Lattice Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: LSCC) today announced a portfolio of programmable solutions for building smart, low-power cellular equipment needed to support the global rollout of Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet). In collaboration with Azcom Technology, the Lattice HetNet Solutions Portfolio enables system designers to implement best-in-class solutions for connectivity, control path and power management while accelerating their development with system-level reference designs for multi-mode LTE small cells.
Service providers around the world are deploying a mosaic of wireless equipment in both indoor and outdoor environments including office buildings, public facilities and underground areas to support the explosive growth in mobile data traffic. According to the Small Cell Forum* in a report released at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the small cell market alone is expected to generate $22 billion by 2016.
The Lattice HetNet Solutions Portfolio enables designers of small cells, low-power remote radio heads, distributed antenna systems, and active antennas, to achieve the lowest BOM, power consumption and smallest footprint for the connectivity, control path and power management functions of their systems. Complementing the ASICs and SOCs used for complex data path functions, Lattice’s industry leading FPGAs, CPLDs and programmable power management devices meet requirements for small form factor, low-cost and ultra-low power.
“FPGA technology like LatticeECP3™ devices which can support key connectivity interfaces such as CPRI, JESD207 and others in a low-power, small footprint is a major enabler for a new generation of mobile infrastructure equipment," said Ajit Singh, CEO at Azcom Technology. “Hardware programmability to cope with the many interoperability requirements and complex network environments is a must for developers as the HetNet market continues to evolve.”
“The low-power, low-cost, small footprint requirements of the HetNet market play into Lattice's core strengths of providing low-cost, low-power programmable devices for connectivity, control path and power management,” said Jim Tavacoli, senior director of communications segment marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. “The HetNet market is a key growth driver for Lattice and we are fully committed to offering an eco-system of best-in-class solutions as demonstrated by our small cells partnership with Azcom Technology.”
A Complete Programmable HetNet Solutions Portfolio
Combined with soft IP for connectivity, control path and data path functions optimized for low complexity HetNet applications, the LatticeECP3, MachXO2™ and MachXO3™ FPGA families, Lattice power management devices and Azcom reference platform give developers everything they need for affordable innovation of HetNet systems. Specific elements of the HetNet Solutions Portfolio include:
- Low density LatticeECP3 FPGAs: With up to 16 3.2 Gbps serdes channels, LatticeECP3 FPGAs offer the perfect low-cost connectivity solution for implementing interface protocols such as CPRI, JESD204B, SRIO, PCI Express, Ethernet and others.
- Ultra low density MachXO2 and new MachXO3 families: With ultra-low power, small footprint packages, built-in security features and high I/O-to-logic ratio, MachXO2 and MachXO3 FPGAs offer the perfect instant-on solution for quickly implementing system control and glue logic functions including timing offload, I/O expansion and bridging.
- Platform Manager™ and Power Manager II families: Programmable, high precision and integrated power management solutions for board level functions including power supply sequencing, monitoring, voltage measurement and power-ride-through control for brown out protection, a key requirement for small cells.
- Azcom ngSCBP baseband board: 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) Release 9 compliant dual mode LTE/HSPA+ small cell baseband platform, with on board LatticeECP3-70 FPGA implementing CPRI interface management, GPS interface control, glue logic etc.
- Azcom ngSCBP- RF board: Simultaneous support for LTE and HSPA+ from 700MHz to 2.6GHz, up to 4x4 MIMO and 27dBm output power, with on board LatticeECP3-150 FPGA implementing digital front end (DFE) functions such as CPRI, multicarrier DUC/DDC, CFR, NCO and JESD207.
Lattice Diamond® Design Software
The Lattice HetNet Solutions Portfolio is supported by the Lattice Diamond software. Optimized for Lattice’s low and ultra-low density FPGAs, the software comprises leading-edge design and implementation tools optimized to allow electronic system designers to meet their power, size, and cost goals. Lattice Diamond software can be downloaded from the company’s website at: https://www.latticesemi.com/LatticeDiamond
Devices, IP, demos as well as a complete integrated RF board from Azcom are available today. To learn more, visitwww.latticesemi.com/en/Solutions/SolutionCategories/Wireless.aspx.
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ: LSCC) is the world’s leading provider of ultra-low-power programmable IC solutions for makers of smartphones, mobile handheld devices, small-cell networking equipment, industrial control, automotive infotainment, and much more. With more than 1 billion units sold over the past 10 years, Lattice ships more FPGAs, CPLDs and Power Management solutions than any other programmable solutions vendor. For more information, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via Twitter, Facebook, or RSS.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.
For Further Information:
Lattice Semiconductor Corp.
408 826 6023 Office