Lattice Announces Ultra-Low Density MachXO3
Lattice Announces MachXO3 FPGA Family; Most Advanced, Lowest Cost per I/O Programmable Bridging and I/O Expansion Solution
MachXO3 FPGA Family Brings 500 to 22K Logic Cells, Lowest Power, 1 Cent Per I/O, and Hard IP Blocks to Ease Implementation of Emerging Connectivity Interfaces
HILLSBORO, OR - Sept. 24, 2013Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC) today announced its ultra-low density MachXO3™ Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) family, the world’s smallest, lowest-cost-per I/O programmable platform aimed at expanding system capabilities and bridging emerging connectivity interfaces using both parallel and serial I/O. By matching advanced, small-footprint packaging with on-chip resources, the MachXO3 family puts affordable innovation into the hands of system architects by simplifying the implementation of emerging connectivity interfaces such as MIPI, PCIe, GbE, and much more.
The ultra-low density MachXO3 FPGA family gives customers a single programmable bridge that lets them build differentiated systems using the latest components and interface standards. With advanced package technology solutions that eliminate bond wires to enable lowest-cost and increased I/O density in a small footprint, the MachXO3 family can be used across market segments, including consumer, communications, compute, storage, industrial and automotive.
“The MachXO3 family allows designers to address the disparity among the components within their systems with minimal impact on cost, footprint, and power consumption,” said Brent Przybus, Sr. Director, Product and Corporate Marketing. “As system performance and complexity increases, I/O interfaces often become the bottleneck. Designers want to use the most advanced components, but have to deal with any number of interface standards, many of which are still evolving or are new to many designers, such as MIPI.”
Breakthrough Technology to Do More with Less
Lattice’s MachXO™ and MachXO2™ families of instant-on, non-volatile programmable devices have set the standard for providing system architects complete, low-cost options to expand general purpose I/O, bridge interfaces and minimize total system power.
Leveraging a low power architecture built on 40nm process technology to deliver lower cost with increased performance for power sensitive applications, the new MachXO3 family delivers a new set of capabilities that enable system engineers to do even more in a smaller footprint.
The new 640-to-22K logic-cell family makes use of the latest in package technology to not only deliver tiny 3.3x3.2mm wafer level chip scale packaging, but also 540 I/O count devices, as well as devices with 3.125Gbps SERDES capabilities to cover the full spectrum of bridging and interface requirements in consumer, industrial, communications, automotive, and compute markets.
Supported by Lattice Diamond® software, as well as IP and application expertise both in-house and by third parties, the MachXO3 FPGA family is a complete solution that delivers:
- Industry’s lowest static and dynamic power consumption for consumer, industrial, and automotive systems where uW static and mW active power enables FPGA programmability to solve difficult problems.
- Advanced programmable fabric that supports up to 150MHz performance, and includes integrated DSP and memory resources.
- Multi-time programmable (MTP) technology enables in-field upgrades and instant-on operation for applications in communications, storage and compute markets where I/O interfaces must be live before the rest of the system. Customers can even configure the device from a processor or external PROM, arguably giving them the most flexible solution available for overcoming interfacing and bridging challenges.
- The industry’s most complete MIPI based solutions using hard blocks and soft IP to not only achieve high bandwidth programmable bridging for applications such as 4Kx2K video, 40MPixel image sensor interfaces, but to also enable access to the latest MIPI compliant components for advanced differentiation.
- Integrated hard PCIe, and GbE IP enables high speed control interfaces, as well as high bandwidth data bridges in the lowest power, lowest cost ultra-low density FPGAs.
- Hot-swap I/O eliminates system downtime in communication, storage and compute applications by enabling components to be swapped out without taking the rest of the system down.
- Simplified single supply solution that leverages on-chip regulators to operate within the customer’s environment.
- Automotive and Industrial temperature range support.
To learn more about Lattice’s New MachXO3 FPGA family and ultra-low-density FPGAs, please visitwww.latticesemi.com/MachXO3.
Pricing and Availability
Details of the MachXO3 family are available today, with software availability and first production device shipments scheduled for the end of 2013 and pricing starting below $1.00 in high volume.
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice is a service-driven developer of innovative low cost, low power programmable design solutions. For more information about how our FPGA, CPLD and power management devices help our customers unlock their innovation, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via Twitter, Facebook, or RSS.
# # #
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, L (& design) Lattice Semiconductor, Lattice (& design), L (& design), Lattice Diamond, MachXO3, MachXO2, MachXO, and specific product designations are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
MIPI is a licensed trademark of MIPI, Inc. in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.
For Further Information:
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation
408 826 6023