Lattice Expands Automotive Product Portfolio
Lattice Semiconductor Expands Automotive Product Portfolio with Addition of ECP5™ and CrossLink™ Programmable Devices
New Products Deliver Optimized Interface Bridging Solutions for ADAS and Infotainment Applications
- Low power, small form factor, multi-sensor aggregation and bridging in ADAS applications.
- Low cost, low power display bridging in infotainment applications.
- Products enable use of mobile interfaces in auto subsystems to reduce overall system cost, power and size.
Portland, OR – September 13, 2016 – Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC), the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its automotive product portfolio with ECP5™ and CrossLink™ programmable devices tailored specifically for interface bridging applications. Reinforcing Lattice’s commitment to the automotive market, the two products deliver optimized connectivity solutions for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and infotainment applications, while also bridging the gap between emerging image sensor and video display interfaces with legacy automotive interfaces.
“The CMOS image sensor market is projected for solid growth over the next five years,” said Rob Lineback, senior market research analyst at IC Insights. “Automotive systems are forecasted to be the fastest growing application for CMOS image sensors with a compounded annual growth rate of 55 percent to $2.2 billion in 2020, or about 14 percent of the market’s projected $15.2 billion total.”
Dramatic advances in mobile application processors, the rapid proliferation of low cost image sensors and displays, and the widespread adoption of MIPI® standard interfaces has accelerated innovation in automotive applications over the past few years. Ideally each device in a system would interface directly to the applications processor, but this is not always the case. This problem is even more compounded as the use of mobile platforms in automotive applications increases. Interface bridging devices solve this problem by supporting a wide range of interfaces and protocols including MIPI D-PHY, MIPI CSI-2, MIPI DSI as well as a long list of legacy video interfaces and protocols such as CMOS, RGB, MIPI DPI, MIPI DBI, SubLVDS, SLVS, LVDS and OpenLDI.
“The automotive industry has seen a proliferation of cameras and sensors being added inside vehicles to keep pace with technology advances and requirements for ADAS and infotainment applications,” said Deepak Boppana, director of marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. “This dynamic has resulted in interface mismatches between mobile image sensors, application processors, and embedded displays used in these applications. Our ECP5 and CrossLink devices enable our automotive customers to adopt cameras and displays with the latest mobile interface technology to reduce overall system cost, power and size, while accelerating time-to-market of their next-generation designs.”
Key features of the ECP5 and CrossLink automotive devices include:
- Cost optimized architecture with high-speed SERDES channels to provide video interfaces to Open LDI, LVDS FPD-Link, eDP, PCIe and GigE.
- Small packages with high functional density.
- Low power consumption.
- Pre/post processing (i.e., image signal processing).
- Software support in Lattice Diamond® 3.8.
- World’s fastest MIPI D-PHY bridging device that delivers up to 4K UHD resolution at 12 Gbps bandwidth.
- Supports popular mobile, camera, display and legacy interfaces such as MIPI D-PHY, MIPI CSI-2, MIPI DSI, MIPI DPI, CMOS, and SubLVDS, LVDS and more.
- Industry’s smallest package size with a 6 mm2 option.
- Lowest power programmable bridging solution in active mode.
- Built-in sleep mode.
- Takes the strongest features from ASSPs and FPGAs to deliver the best solution of both worlds.
- Software support in Lattice Diamond® 3.8.
Samples of the ECP5 and CrossLink automotive devices are available upon request.
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ: LSCC) provides smart connectivity solutions powered by our low power FPGA, video ASSP, 60 GHz millimeter wave, and IP products to the consumer, communications, industrial, computing, and automotive markets worldwide. Our unwavering commitment to our customers enables them to accelerate their innovation, creating an ever better and more connected world.
# # #
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor (& design), ECP5, CrossLink, and specific product designations are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
MIPI® is a registered trademark owned by the MIPI Alliance.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Racepoint Global for Lattice Semiconductor
Global IR Partners