Transform Client Computing With Next-Generation SSD
To meet customer demands, client computing devices must continue to provide big breakthroughs—from delivering greater protection of sensitive data against theft and breach to providing even faster system performance—all while maximizing battery life and maintaining a small footprint.
Micron’s M600 SATA solid state drive (SSD) is built using our award-winning 16nm NAND Flash to provide our greatest advancement inclient SSD technology yet. The M600 extends endurance further than our previous client drives and improves system performance thanks to our dynamic write acceleration. Its class-leading power efficiency extends battery life while multiple encryption and reliability features protect valuable data.
The M600 is offered in capacities up to 1TB and a variety of form factors; it is ideal for client computing devices that hunger for more performance and greater power efficiency—from desktop gaming rigs to corporate road warrior tablets.
|Download the product brief||View our M600 product offering|
Class-Leading Power Efficiency
The M600 averages 150mW of active power use and draws less than 2mW in sleep mode, which is significantly less power (20X in active mode) than required by hard disk drives (HDDs). This kind of class-leading power efficiency satisfies consumers’ ever-increasing expectations for longer battery life.
Dynamic Write Performance
Our dynamic write acceleration triggers NAND cells to behave like higher-grade Flash (e.g., MLC to SLC) on-the-fly—creating a cache that’s sized according to drive demands. This technology delivers the kind of tremendous performance to the MLC-based M600 SSDs that is expected from SLC-based SSDs—even in the lower-capacity M600 drives.
The unique write architecture also enhances the M600’s endurance. The 1TB M600 SSD can reach up to 400TB total bytes written (TBW)—which is 5X more than typical client drives, minimizing concerns about SSD wear-out.
Micron’s client SSDs implement the following features to extend your applications’ performance and enhance reliability:
- Device Sleep: Ensures lower standby power, quick resume time, and extended battery life.
- Encryption: Provides government-grade encryption for data at rest.
- Sanitize: Enables the end user to erase, repurpose, and retire the SSD.
- Asynchronous Power-Loss Protection: Provides sudden power-loss protection for data already at rest in the NAND.
- Adaptive Thermal Monitoring: Monitors SSD temperature and adapts by reducing NAND activity if temperature goes out of specification.
- Native Write Acceleration: Optimizes the NAND and controller interaction to enable faster boot, file, and application loads.
- Data Path Protection: Helps protect user data as it passes through the SSD.
- Enhanced Data Integrity Flow: Implements a four-stage data recovery flow that guards against